*Mint Condition w/ Original Packaging & Six Month Alto Music Warranty!
Audient ASP800 8 Channel Mic Pre
- Whether you’re recording drums or simply need more channels, ASP800 is the perfect tool for expanding your existing interface via ADAT. Its flexible and intuitive feature set will transform your current setup into the complete recording rig, perfectly at home recording both acoustic and electronic instruments.
- Whether you need to add growl to a bass guitar or make those vocals sparkle, ASP800’s revolutionary harmonic generation circuitry has got you covered.
- Retro Channels 1 & 2 feature two unique variable harmonic COLOUR controls per channel - HMX & IRON. Designed to emulate tones often associated with 1960’s tube designs and the coveted transformer zing of British audio in the 1970’s, HMX & Iron will add new dimension to your audio by providing warm, sparkly tones. Better still, you can combine them to get anywhere in between!
- HMX MOSFET DRIVE: Travel back in time with ASP800’s very own custom harmonic distortion control. Similar to vintage valve preamplifier designs of the 1960s, HMX provides a sweet, thick tone that will sound incredible on anything from drums to electric guitars. (TIP! Try it on bass synth, or 808 too!)
- By using discrete MOSFET technology, HMX produces asymmetrical harmonic distortion giving you the option to add richness and body to the pristine tone of the Audient mic preamp, D.I or line input. Take control of your sound and bring your audio to life, 1960’s style.
- IRON MAGNETIC TRANSFORMER DRIVE: Say hello to Audient’s BRAND NEW British transformer saturator - IRON. A testament to innovation, IRON uses a custom British transformer with a high voltage MOSFET drive network designed to recreate that sparkly, “sounds like a record” signature of 1970’s recording.
- With one control that simultaneously alters drive impedance, bass response, high frequency damping, phase shift, magnetic saturation and transient shaping - IRON can instantly add sparkle, growl and so much more with one twist of a knob! It sounds killer on snare, bass, acoustic guitar and anything that needs some extra bite.
- ASP800 provides you with high performance 118-dB AD converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. Quality in the analogue stages of our design comes from years of experience as analogue console designers, and when coupled with outstanding converter technology it enables you to hear audio as it’s supposed to sound. The importance of converters should never be underestimated.
- As well as offering you 8 channels of mic pre, ASP800 has two harmonically rich JFET D.I inputs. Designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier, you can plug your guitar, bass, keyboard or drum machine and start recording instantly.
- The result of years of experience in analogue design combined with a focus on precision and detail, ASP800 packs a powerful feature set in a ergonomic 1RU rack mount. From it’s beautifully crafted hand milled aluminium knobs to its all-metal construction, ASP800 will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road.
- 8 x World Class Audient Console Mic Pres
- 2 x Retro Channels with Dual Stage COLOUR Saturation Controls - HMX & IRON
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
- Pristine 118-dB Burr-Brown A-D Converters
- Balanced Analogue Line Outputs
- ADAT Output for Expandability
- Word Clock Input
- All-Metal Enclosure
|Name||Audient ASP800 8-Channel Mic Pre|
|Shipping Option||Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.|
Ask an Expert
Audient ASP800 8-Channel Mic Pre
Be the first to review this product!
Write Your Own Review:
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.