Besides being an amazing composer, producer and bassist, Jon Stockman is amazing at crafting some of the most devastating bass tones in the world. The guys at Darkglass and Jon got together in their then Helsinki headquarters 18 months ago and after endless tweaking and tens of prototypes they are finally ready to announce their first co-designed creation: Alpha · Omega.
This creation differs greatly from Darkglass’ previous preamplifiers and overdrives: it is fully operational amplifier based and has two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega) which can be selected or blended using their Mod knob. This unusual control, in conjunction with the toggle switches and 3 active band equilizer makes Alpha · Omega the most flexible among their designs.
|Name||Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega AO Bass Preamplifier Pedal|
|Shipping Option||Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.|
- Blend: Mixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive: Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- Bite: Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Bass: +-12dB @ 80Hz
- Mid: +-12dB @ 500Hz
- Treble: +-12dB @ 5kHz
- Parallel Output: Hardwired copy of your input signal, useful for getting a clean signal in recording and live situations
- Direct Output: A balanced version of the ¼” output, useful for running into PA’s or studio mixing consoles.
- DIMENSIONS: 12×10.7 cm (4.72×4.21 in)
WARNING: The Alpha·Omega has a current draw of 30mA. Only use a regulated 9V DC adapter with a center-negative plug. Due to ecological reasons it does not accept batteries. Unregulated power supplies and/or higher voltages may result in suboptimal noise performance and even damage your unit, voiding the warranty.
Ask an Expert
Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega AO Bass Preamplifier Pedal
Be the first to review this product!