The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender’s roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it’s going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender’s best selling guitars (their early-’80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was “back” as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we’ve completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there’s pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
With its big maple neck, the 1952 Telecaster was a landmark guitar in Fender history, and nowhere is today’s re-dedication to detail more evident than on the American Vintage ’52 Telecaster, which returns to the fold with body, neck and pickups refined with the best features (tones, curves, perimeters, radii and more) from a handful of extraordinary ’52 Tele specimens we examined. Premium features include an ash body with a singe-ply black pickguard and thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish in lighter Butterscotch Blonde, deep maple neck with “U”-shaped profile and generously rolled edges, sculpted headstock volute for even more first-position comfort, long-lost recessed-top “barrel” switch tip, vintage tuner spacing for truly straight string pull over the bone nut, vintage-style bridge with three brass saddles, and knurled chrome domed control knobs.
The Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster, this is where it all started!
|Name||Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster Left-Handed Guitar|
|Shipping Option||Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.|
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Other Features: Slightly lighter Butterscotch Blonde finish; Large maple neck with re-sculpted U-shaped profile and comfortably rolled edges; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound; "Barrel" switch tip and knurled chrome domed control knobs
- Case/Gig Bag: Updated Deluxe Vintage Tweed
- Included Accessories: Vintage '52 Tele Strap, Cable, and Cloth; Vintage Wiring Kit, '50s Tele Information Kit, Bridge Cover, Owner's Manual, Saddle Height Wrench
Ask an Expert
Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster Left-Handed GuitarWrite Your Review
Be the first to review this product!