Squier brings you the welcome return of a long-vanished Fender classic in the deeply satisfying form of the Vintage Modified Bass VI six-string bass. The original model of 1961-1975 has provided distinctively voiced low end for everyone from the Beatles to the Black Keys, Cream to the Cure, and many others.
The Vintage Modified Bass VI delivers authentically vintage-style look and tone, with a few modern touches such as a comfortable “modern C” neck profile and 9.5” fingerboard radius (the originals were 7.25”), and three custom Jaguar single-coil pickups with notched “claw” shielding rings (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup).
Other features include the model’s classic 30” scale (standard tuning one octave lower than a guitar), maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays, four two-position slider switches (on/off switch for each pickup and one bass-cut “strangle” tone circuit switch), tortoiseshell pickguard (three-ply white-black-white on Black model), two black plastic control knobs (master volume, master tone), and vintage-style six-saddle bridge with non-locking floating vibrato. Available in Black, Olympic White and Three-color Sunburst.
|Name||Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI Electric Guitar Olympic White|
|Shipping Option||Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.|
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Hardshell Case (P/N 0068076000) Available
- Included Accessories: None
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Shape: Other
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw
- Middle Pickup: Custom Single-Coil Jaguar Reverse-Wound/Reverse-Polarity with Claw
- Neck Pickup: Custom Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-On/Off Slide Switches (One for Each Pickup)
- Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Squier®
- Strings: Fender® Nickel-Plated Steel, (.024, .034, .044, .056, .072, .084, Gauges)
- Other Features: White Bound Fingerboard with White Pearloid Block Position Inlays, Single Wing String Tree
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Truss Rod: Standard
Ask an Expert
Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI Electric Guitar Olympic White
Be the first to review this product!