Why you need the Radial SB-2 Passive Direct Box:
The Radial StageBug SB-2 Passive is a high-performance direct box made for players who are on the move! Made to fit inside of a guitar case, the SB-2 is ultra compact yet is feature-packed to ensure great performance on any stage.
The compact design begins with a ¼" input and thru-put to feed the on-stage amp. This connects to the custom made Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer which performs the impedance matching and balances the signal. When using extra high output instruments, a -15dB pad can be inserted into the signal path. This enables the SB-2 to be used with active basses and digital pianos that often tend to overload the input side of the interface. An innovative stereo-to-mono merge function provides a convenient way to connect stereo keyboards and computers without having to reset the source for mono operation, saving time and input channels on the PA. The SB-2 output features an XLR wired to the AES standard with pin-2 hot.
Once connected, the SB-2 delivers a smooth warm sound reminiscent of older vintage gear. The Eclipse ET-DB3 transformer is magical in its ability to handle extreme signal levels with a natural compression that is pleasing to the ears. The transformer also helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the input from the output. This is augmented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on the XLR for quiet, professional results.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.5dB)
- Dynamic range: 115dB
- Maximum input: +20dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Phase deviation: 3° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 50Hz
- Input impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 1k Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB3, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Copper foil
- Input pad: -10dB
- Auto Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4 inch in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Dimensions: (L xWxD) 4.5 x 1.85 x 1.35 inches (114 x 47 x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
|Name||Radial SB-2 Passive Direct Box for Bass and Keys|
|Shipping Option||Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.|
Ask an Expert
Radial SB-2 Passive Direct Box for Bass and Keys
Be the first to review this product!