- Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII w/ Solo Processing
- External Power Supply
- 4 x Changeable AC Connectors, Supporting USA, Europe, UK, Australia, and China
This Apollo is a god of audio interfaces
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features available onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processing, Unison™ technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion you’ve heard on hundreds of hit records.
Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings — as heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps — including Neve,® API,® Manley,® and UA — complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender,® Marshall,® Ampeg,® and more.
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. With UAD-2 SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency — including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins — the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more — so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
Get yours while you can at Alto Music
|Name||Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII w/ Solo Processing|
|Shipping Option||Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.|
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
Ask an Expert
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII w/ Solo Processing
Be the first to review this product!