Paiste Signature 16’’ Fast Crash
Alloy: Proprietary Signature Bronze
Applications: Most volume settings • Live and recording • Wide range of music styles such as Pop, Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Funk, R&B, Classic, Avant-garde, Big Band, Country, Blues and Gospel
Sound: Musical, transparent, beautiful, rich, colorful, full, clear, expressive sound • The range of models features everything from particularly delicate, well balanced and sensitive to expressive, potent and powerful and projective qualities
Series Description: Paiste first pioneered this featured production process with our innovative Reflector Cymbals back in the 1980’s
• Unlike modern high speed buffing methods, Paiste Reflector Cymbals employ a proprietary surface treatment technique that generates a smooth, luminous, shimmering finish - without producing high levels of heat, which can substantially alter the natural condition of the bronze metal and dampen the cymbal sound.
Sonic Characteristics of the Reflector Finish:Paiste’s Signature Reflector cymbals basically share the same overall sonic parameters, feel and function as corresponding Signature models with a regular lathed finish. The general effect of the Reflector finish on these cymbals is very subtle and may be summarized as follows:
• The sonic timbre and color of these instruments is somewhat lower, which makes the cymbals feel a bit darker.
• The frequency range is wider due to the lower pitch of the fundamental note and higher overtones at the upper end of the frequency spectrum.
• The frequency mix is cooler and cleaner, as the high, middle and lower frequencies are more distinctly layered, due to the less dominant character of the middle layer - the «voice» of the cymbal.
• The stick sound and bell character tend to be slightly more distinct and separated, while the Hi-Hat chick sound tends to be a bit softer, warmer and more compact.
• The duration of the cymbal’s sustain is relatively similar, however the midrange frequencies fade faster.
• The overall feel is substantially the same, except Crashes and Chinas tend to feel a bit softer and more controllable.
• Weight, volume range, transient response and dynamic intensity are close to identical.
Signature Fast Crash
Sizes: 14" 15" 16" 17" 18"
Weight: medium thin
Volume: soft to medium
Stick Sound: washy
Bell Character: integrated
Sound Character: Medium Bright, silvery, warm, full, transparent. Fairly narrow range, clean mix. Extremely responsive, fades fast with beautiful, dark shimmer. Suited for fast playing.