Stretto Humidifier in Red For Violin/Viola/Cello
The Stretto Violin Humidifier has become the string players dream come true!!! A humidifier helps prevent cracks, will produce a more consistent performance because the wood is at ideal humidity levels, and the bow hair will not dry and shrink (causing higher tension risking warpage or even tip breaks). Stretto is made in Switzerland. The device is simply the most effective system for maintaining a safe and consistent humidity level inside your case. The Stretto bag effectively humidifies for up to two weeks. When ready to rehydrate the bag, simply re-soak in water (use distilled water for best results).
Cyrus Forough, Concert Artist, Professor of Violin , Carnegie Mellon University says about the Stretto: "As in all museums protecting great works of art, the humidity must be equalized for the preservation of such masterpieces. All instruments require similar protection, regardless of their age, we owe it to our precious investment. I heartily recommend the Stretto."
Consider the following when storing your instrument in your home. Central heating, air conditioning and the dry climate parts of the country have done more damage to musical instruments than all other natural forces. There are a few absolutes to follow in order to keep your instrument in top condition and save time and money spent on repair.
1. DO NOT store your instrument outside of the case.
2. Store your instrument away from vents, windows, and avoid extreme temperatures
3. Use the Stretto system of controlled, moisture release and electronic humidistat to maintain ideal humidity.
4. Keep your case closed at all times except to remove or replace the instrument.
5. Replace moisture pouches as needed (keep some spares handy).