UAD-2 OCTO Core PCIe DSP Accelerator Package
UA’s flagship DSP Accelerator offers massive eight-processor horsepower for UAD Powered Plug-Ins.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core DSP Accelerator is Universal Audio’s most powerful PCIe processing card, giving producers and engineers massive power for running award-winning UAD plug-ins on Mac or PC. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt*), giving your workstation a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core includes UA’s “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
Fully Mac and Windows 7-compatible, the UAD-2 OCTO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.
• Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs
• Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
• Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
• Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
• Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
• Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
• Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via a compatible chassis* (sold separately)
• VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
• Also available as UAD-2 OCTO Custom and UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 2 packages
*Thunderbolt connectivity is available for Mac only. Visit www.uaudio.com/support/uad for a complete list of qualified PCIe expansion and PCIe-to-Thunderbolt expansion chassis.
UAD-2 PCIe Card Minimum System Requirements
• (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1
• (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
• 2 GB available disk space
• Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
• Available FireWire 800 port for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
• 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
• Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
• Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
Copyright © 2013 Universal Audio Inc. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
In the interest of product improvement, all specifications subject to change without notice.